Software Developer - Charleston, SC
Are you getting bored working on the same project over and over again? At Launchpeer, we are always working on new projects, solving new problems, and overcoming new obstacles.
What is Launchpeer, you ask? Great question. We're a mobile and web app development company that works with startups and entrepreneurs across the country to build their next big idea. Our awesome team has worked on hundreds of apps, ranging from uber for boat rides, on-demand fitness trainers, peer-to-peer roadside assistance, automated call scripts for sales teams, fundraisers for medical expenses, and the list goes on. We've got even more big projects on the docket for January, and we're ready for our next great developer to join the team.
Being a developer at Launchpeer is more than just coding. We're looking for someone who can think creatively and strategically, and bring outside the box solutions to challenges. We're looking for someone who is always ready and eager to learn new tools and techniques. We're looking for someone who can work on small projects and large projects, while also considering future functionality and scalability.
Ready to be the developer behind the next big release on Product Hunt? Then we're excited to hear from you.
- Build web and mobile applications by writing clean, maintainable code with React and React Native.
- Deploy front-end and back-end web based applications with Heroku
- Deploy mobile applications to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Create estimates for user stories
- Define feature sets and technical requirements for client projects.
- Review supplied designs and mockups to interpret application workflow and theming.
- At least 1 year of software development experience
- Thorough understanding of React / React Native event lifecycles and feature based architecture.
- Thorough understanding of Redux for managing application state
- Thorough understanding of Vanilla Javscript methods (filter, map, etc)
- Ability to use and recognize ES6 decorators (spread operator, object destructuring, ternaries, etc)
- Thorough understanding of git versioning control
- Ability to work both in a team and independently on projects, with the ability to jump in and out of projects as needed
- Comfortable with approaching 3rd party API's, determining their fit for the project, and implementing them
- Experience deploying mobile apps to iOS App Store and Google Play Store (xCode and Android Studio)
- Experience with Parse Server
- Experience with image manipulation software (GIMP, Inkscape, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Located in Charleston, SC area
Job Type: Full-time
- Software development: 2 years (Required)